Thursday 24 April 2008

Malaysian or Chinese?

So...

Am i Malaysian or am i Chinese?

Well, alot of ppl should already know my stand on this, but i just feel i should blog about this..
Obviously, i'm friggin Malaysian!

Here are a few reasons why
-I was born and raised in Msia
-Both my parents were born and raised in Msia
-My grandparents were born and raised in Msia
-I grew up with mostly Malaysian friends, only like a few were actually Chinese from China
-Live a Malaysian Lifestyle (eg. mamaking...)
-If i went to China, i wouldn't really be accepted as one of them..

and one really really good one..

-if i was traveling to the UK for less than 3 months, i dun need a visa, but if wanted to do the same in China, i'd need a visa!
(There you go!..so much for being Chinese...)

If you're wondering why this post all of a sudden, i was actually talking to a Chinese person from church one day, and i was like, oh, i dun speak Mandarin, i'm Malaysian..and she was like, "well, that's a shame isnt it?"..and i was like, "no, i dun think so..i'm malaysian!"..

so there!


teehee

2 comments:

young.w.jun said...

(^_^)
People asked me, am I a Malay or a Chinese but I'd answer I'm a Chinese Malaysian.

Felicia T said...

hey jason..
I always get this too.. They think i'm from china.. =.= no wait.. singaporean.. even better.. lols.. but i often get the "are you msian or chinese" thing all the time.. somehow aussies dont get the fact that msia is a multicultural country..if ur from msia means ur a malay.. ...